Random Thoughts

 Is being indifferent boring?

Does it seem rude?, when I say, "No longer do I care about human life". Humans forget that we are a part of a larger universe, so large that from far far away we are the size of atoms, invisible to the naked eye. We are fighting over issues of land, boundaries, resources and using war as means of power over our intellect. It is beyond me, what this human mind is capable of, beautiful and pure evil at the same it. For some context, I am thinking of Global Warming, of capitalist and communist countries, of people in Afghanistan and Palestine, of animals and sea creatures, of religion and science; of my own hypocrisy and tied down hands. 


Is technology genderless?

While I have always been asked asserted the question, "tu toh ladki hai tuje thodi cricket k bare me pata hoga (You are a girl, you wouldn't know anything about sports)" or your brother being favored over you, for a software related question by your Uncle(not because he is a man but because you are a woman), I found myself helping my male colleagues with software issues that we both were equally new to. There is no doubt that, women need to roar to make their voices heard in this patriarchal society and so was my belief due to day-to-day experiences. However, I am encouraged to think in a new light with the current generation of friends/colleagues, that, the perspective has changed. Maybe it was a coincidence, that I found myself helping my male colleagues at that particular time, but it lead me to question the gender of technology. For easy categorization, humans always compartmentalize materials/objects/things of use/hobbies/etc into masculine and feminine. Although the way we use technology is the same for everyone.


Is working online better?

My inhibitions about online learning lowered during Covid, mostly because of the reduced travel time and saving on expenses for model making. For others it meant being able to better manage job and college together. However, it is really hard to summarize the 'Work from home' pros and cons by basing it on materialistic factors only. For some people, confinement at home would be unbearable while for some others a pleasure. Also, given the fact that man if a social animal, I have missed the "normal" life...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Convocation '20

Cities of Colour

Unforgettable Tamil Nadu